WINTER TRIP TO SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA

Hola,

This is a throwback story for my Winter trip on January 2018. I would like to post it a long time ago but unfortunately I just get access to this blog today, 17/10/19 as I forgot my password and google can't give me back my blog just till todate. Its quite long enough that I am not active blogging since instagram has been taking control the world and a massive changing in social media world. That makes me more active in instagram rather than blog.

Since I am so happy to get my lovely blog, then I would like to publish a new post. 

So, let's get back to my story. 

Basically, this story is about my journey to Pyeongchang, Korea. It was happened by the time South Korea was under preparing for Winter Olympic, 2018. I was super excited to go to the ski resort where the event will be take place at Pyeongchang. Although, we came earlier around 1 week before the Olympic, still I am so happy just to be there for a very short moment. 

For your info, this is an unplanned trip where I just make a decision right away even without thinking.. haha. This trip is only me and my sister. We got an experience to discover Seoul in our own time without need to hurry and woke up early to follow the itinerary. We were like to feels Seoul in a very different way. Actually, I have been to Korea 2x before. Firstly, I do follow my sister's officemates for Backpackers Autumn trip around Nov 2014 and came back again for Tour Guide Kpop Package - Winter trip on Dec 2015, where I got experience to go SBS-The Show for live performance KPOP music program. That is the best time ever. 

So, this 3rd time visit to Korea felt like back to my 2nd hometown. Mostly, people that loves Korea so much and already go to Korea, will always said Korea is the second home after Malaysia.. We call balik kampung, lorr.. hehe.. 


I'm posing with our nation Oppa, Lee Min-ho. Of course, after saw this oppa ads, I felt that this time is so lucky day. Once we reached to Incheon airport to bought sim card for my sister, suddenly I saw something fells down like a rains from the sky from the glass windows. But, it's not raining actually. It is what we call SNOW!!... it's snowing guys.. I was shocked and shouting quite loud until the receiptionist turned at their back and said "Oh, it snowing.." They were also surprised to saw it. For your info, snow does not always fall in Seoul. Its only come in certain date around 2-4 times in winter season. If you want to experience snow at Korea, you can go to Jeju Island. At Jeju, snow falls almost frequently with heavily snow and storm will be happened there during winter season. I can't managed the coldness of winter at Jeju. It will be extremely cold there. Even at Seoul, we're about to gave up with the weather during winter. Huhu.. 

We're super duper excited after saw a snow falls lightly at airport, then we'd rushing to the hotel at L7 Hotel Myeongdong. When we're struggling to climbed a staircase with our heavy luggage to exit subway, then we'd saw its about to snow heavily. We're quickly checked in and unpacked the luggage.. and we suddenly its already fells heavily. My sister was about to ran through that heavy snow.. But I just need to calm her down cuz I'd really need to take a shower first after running from the office. Actually, I was taking EL on that snowing day just to get a cheap price for flight. I'm so thankful to took EL, cuz if we late reach there even for 1 day then we could not ever seen snow in Seoul. Haha.. 



See.. those tourist had to carry their luggage through snow. Its not easy to walked in slippery road, you know. 



Eventhough, my main reason was to go Pyeongchang, but Allah knows better. Allah gave me opportunity to experience snow at Korea. Its so priceless. 

The journey to Pyeongchang starting with very early morning, right after sunrise we quickly go to Seoul Station just to catch up early train using Korail train and stopped at Jinbu Station. The funny things was the fact that no body has waiting the train at Myeongdong subway station gave us a chilly moments and we need to extra careful whilst waiting the train. The reason we took very early train because of we want to get a sit. If we late, we must have to stand in the train for 2hours to Pyeongchang. The best part was we running till out of breath at Seoul Station to took Korail which was about to departure within 3 minutes. We though we might missed the train, but the train guard has seen us from far and gave us a signal to run fast. Right we entered the train and the door about to closed, then we saw 2 peoples behind us was running to get the train has short of breath. There's people has a same situation like us. It makes us laugh out loud.. hahaha


Right after we arrived here at Jinbu Station around 8.30 a.m, a degree celcious has shown -21c.  It was so cold, buddy.. Cold till we can't ever felt our hands. Even the security guards also was seen walked around the station to keep all body warm. Actually, we was waiting free shuttle bus to Yong Pyong Ski Resort, but since the bus will only operated around 9.30a.m so we need to took a local taxi there.. The taxi charged us 20,000 korean won to Yong Pyong. From Yong Pyong to Jinbu Station we've been charged 26,000 korean won.

Haha.. since not many people in the morning at Yong Pyong, so we just chilled out and relaxed like a boss by sipping morning coffee at TwoSome Place Cafe, bought some snacks, a gloves and Nivea IKON lipbalm to avoids dry and cracked lips. :)



 Whilst we keep ourselves busy with our smartphones, we'd accompany by this security guards whom waiting their boss to give an order to started their morning shifts. They had looked us in a weirdo face. Its because not many muslim came very early morning like us. So, they'd assumed us Indonesian by the way they're spoke. I am Malaysian la..haha..


As you can see from below image, they're wore red uniform were a ski instructor/school. If you would like to skiing for the first time and does not know how to start ski, you should hire them. They will teach you, but you need to pay extra money la.. 


Since not so many peoples here eventhough its already noon, we decided to take a walk, selfie, and taking a lots of pictures. Actually, we want to take a cable car, unfortunately its not operated as its has closed for Olympic event. So sad.. Then, after a long waited and thinking, we decided to tried Skiing which is more cheaper than others winter activities. So, here we go.. we go to rental ski jacket, ski shoes and all that equipments has a difference charge.. So expensive but we don't have a choice. Instead to wasted more time, we decided to give it a try. 





So, that's our best experience in our life. Please ensure to get a right shoes and practice to handle shoes and other equipments well. My advise is just give a tried.. Its opportunity that you shouldn't missed.. 

Here is my short story for PyeongChang highlighted... See you again, Korea.. because Korea always smile on you. :)
 

Till next post..bye!.

Comments

I simply want to say I am just very new to weblog and honestly enjoyed you’re web page. Probably I’m planning to bookmark your website. You absolutely have impressive well written blog. Thanks for sharing! Know about Garmin Express.
Grayson Dolan said…

Really a nice post. All the information on this blog is best for us. Thanks a lot for publishing this unique and informative blog. We are committed to driving you the benefits of contacting us for any resolving solution. We are available 24/7! Thanks for sharing! Know about fubo.tv/activate.
Unknown said…
You can honestly activate the FuboTV streaming from FuboTV activate code, both via registered email account or thru FuboTv activation code. If you are new to FuboTv, this submit will assist you with steps to spark off the stay streaming on FuboTv alongside with some different applicable facts that you must be conscious of whilst the usage of FuboTv. fubo tv activate enter code

Popular posts from this blog

La Ikro Ha Fiddin

LAWAMMAH (BARAN)

KOREA NO.1 SHAMPOO BRAND (DAENG GI MEO RI)